From: Joel de Guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-08 20:27:33

Michael Burbidge wrote:
> I've been trying to use the XML samples in
> libs/example/application/xml. They build fine, but get a runtime
> assert
> when given even the simplest xml file. Are these samples kept up to
> date? Here's the assert that I get:
>
> Assertion (r.is_valid()) failed in "range_run.ipp", function "set",
> line 132
>
> This is on Mac OS X using CodeWarrior 8.

I assume this is a Spirit related question.

Before anything else, please post Spirit support related questions to:
Spirit-general_at_[hidden]

Also, it would be best to write a more descriptive title. Otherwise,
your post might probably be easy to miss.

Ok, nuff said...

The XML stuff has been tested and works with no problems on Windows
and Linux. I come from the Mac but unfortunately I do not have access to
a Mac and CW8 right now. Fortunately Paul Snively volunteered to check
Spirit on CW8 on the Mac. You can also help out by giving us a more detailed
account. For instance, what is the current state of the range (r) when the
assertion fired?

Please post subsequent messages to Spirit's mailing lits. Let's continue
this thread there.

Thank you.

--
Joel de Guzman