From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmutkaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-09 09:01:53

Hi all,

I have a problem while using the iterator_adaptor templates in
conjunction with a istreambuf_iterator<char> (an input_iterator type).
The problem shows up, because the istreambuf_iterator<char>::operator*()
implementation of the STL I'm using returns a value_type (char), but the
dereference policy member expects to return it a reference.

It seems, that there should be a similar return type deduction for the
iterator_adaptor<>::operator*() function as already implemented for the
iterator_adaptor<>::operator->() function.

Regards Hartmut