From: Carl Daniel (cpdaniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-10 21:26:48

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
> If evaluating the output of the code below counts as a
> quick-and-easy-and-conclusive test the result is that the Itanium2
> must be BOOST_LITTLE_ENDIAN like the i386 and Alpha lines. I.e. my
> patch needs to be revised (see below).

Remember that Itanium(2) can use either Endianality - it's up to the
OS/platform code to determine which Endianality is in use. It's entirely
possible that there might be Itanium2 platforms with GCC that are big endian
in addition to those that are little endian. Hopefully things don't work
out that way...

-cd