From: vc (vcotirlea_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-11 05:57:10

Hi all,

I am using the VS .NET 2003 (VC7.1) on Windows 2000 and I'm porting
a Linux application on Windows. I got the BETA sources
(http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/boost_1_30_0_b1.zip)
and I give it a try, but the compiler stops with the "Buffer overrun
detected!" error (see Vccrash.jpg attached).

For being easier to duplicate, attached is also a sample (see
spirit-problem.cc) that has this behavior.

I have to mention that on 2003.02.18 I took the spirit sources from the cvs,
and this sample compiles
fine with those sources. That is why I assume that this is a new added
problem into the spirit sources.
As a summary, when using:
- version 1.29 of boost and cvs sources of spirit from 2003.02.18 => the
sample compiles ok
- boost 1.30 beta (boost and spirit) => the sample is not compiling ok

Can you tell me please if this is indeed a spirit problem or not?

Thanks in advance,
Viv

Vccrash.jpg