From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-11 09:18:47

At 12:23 AM 3/11/2003, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>Hi, Beman
>
>In examples for release procedure you are using: "merged_to_1_26_2".
While
>in "Release Procedures for the Release Manager" section you are mention:
>"merged_to_RC_n_n_n". What is correct?

Should read "merged_to_RC_1_26_2". Martin Wille already submitted a patch.

>P.S. Could you, please, clarify for me again what is the purpose of this
>tag? How does it related to the fixes I made in trunk after branch is
>created?

I've added a FAQ to the page:

What is the purpose of the merged_to_RC_n_n_n tag?

This tag allows multiple merges from the main trunk to the release
candidate branch. Without it, merging an initial main trunk fix into the
release candidate branch would work, but merging a second fix from main
trunk to release candidate branch would result in a merge conflict.
Although this procedure seems convoluted, it works much better in practice
than several prior procedures we tried.

HTH,

--Beman