From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-11 11:45:51

At 11:01 AM 3/11/2003, Markus Schöpflin wrote:

>The must be something wrong with the current darwin regression tests,
>AFAICT. I just completed a full regression run of the latest RC
>version and I get far lower failure rates that the current regression
>results indicate (9% failures instead of 45%).

My guess is that there was a problem with the configuration. Since the
command lines reported by both sets of tests are the same, it may have been
fixed but hasn't been reflected in the results because it wasn't a fix in a
dependent file, so bjam never recompiled those tests. Or something like
that.

The solution would be to clear out the regression target directories (or
maybe just rerun with the -a switch.) Experiment with, say, just array1 to
verify that takes care of the problem.

A 9% failure rate is much more what would be expected for GCC based
compilers.

>I uploaded the results to the regression tests directory, they can be
>found here:
>http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-Darwin-RC_1_30_0.html
>
>I don't know the exact version of MacOS installed, but I would guess
>it's the latest one available.

Thanks,

--Beman