From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-13 04:02:21

David Abrahams wrote:
> Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:
> > Doesn't seem to be in the archives. It's from Neal D. Becker 10 Mar
> >
> > 2003. Here is the entire message:
> > >I really appreciate the boost rpms that have been made available. I
> >
> > hope we
> >
> > >can improve one thing in the upcoming release.
> > >
> > >rpm -q --requires boost-python-devel
> > >boost-devel
> > >libpython-devel
> > >
> > >Unfortuantely, on RedHat it's called
> > >
> > >python-devel
> > >
> > >I hope there is some way to fix this.
>
> Since I never made a boost RPM, I don't think I'm the guy to address
> it.

I believe that Malte Starostik is the right person for dealing with this
issue. I'm pretty sure the different is naming is difference between Mandrake
and Redhat, but have no idea how to fix it.

And, while we're on it, I think it would be much better if RPM are
"officially" available (i.e from sourceforge download page).

Lastly, this issue is not release show-stopper: the *spec file which creates
RPM is not in Boost CVS tree. Malte can make the changes when 1.30 is
out.

- Volodya