From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-13 07:58:17

At 04:19 AM 3/13/2003, Kevlin Henney wrote:

>Just to let you know that a new version is now in CVS.
>
>However, it appears to break under the regression test. I expected it to
>break for VC6, but it is apparently failing to compile under VC7 and
>Intel 7.0... which is more than a little bizarre because I have been
>using VC7 as the main test compiler and Terje checked it against Intel
>7.0. Both compile and run cleanly.

VC++7 is not giving trouble with any tests other than lexical_cast_test. On
it, the message begins:

D:\boost\site-RC_1_30_0\boost\lexical_cast.hpp(142) : error C2065:
'InputStreamable' : undeclared identifier

>If anyone has any inspired guesses as to why the sourceforge build is
>failing for what appears to be clean and correct code, please let me
>know!

The error messages from various date_time library fails for both Intel
and VC++ 6.0 are similar. Here is the Intel message:

D:\boost\site-RC_1_30_0\boost/lexical_cast.hpp(137): error: no operator
"<<" matches these operands operand types are:
std::basic_stringstream<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>,
std::allocator<wchar_t>> << const std::basic_string<char,
std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>> return stream << input;

Plus Robin Hu's posting:

>A word on the lexical_cast_test.cpp: everything will be ok if you
>commented all tests about std::wstring and wchar_t with
>
>#ifndef BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING
>#endif

Both seem to indicate a wstring/wchar_t problem.

--Beman