From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-13 10:02:49

William E. Kempf wrote:

> Vladimir Prus said:

>> Lastly, this issue is not release show-stopper: the *spec file which
>> creates RPM is not in Boost CVS tree. Malte can make the changes when
>> 1.30 is out.
>
> Should it be in the tree?

I don't know. But the way, the same question applies to Debian package (by
Steve M. Robbins). I think Malte, Steve and Beman should decide what is most
convenient, because it affects them most.

> (Yes, I know, we need to revitalize the installation discussion and
> actually get something done on that front. I only ever intended to be a
> moderator in this case, because of time constraints, but someone needs to
> take a much more active role in ensuring this area is addressed!)

Speaking for myself, I'm primarily interested in two things
1. Making Debian/RPM packages for Boost.Build
2. Making Debian/RPM packages for the project I have at work.

Probably the latter can be used for Boost, but I can't promise absolutely
anything.

- Volodya