From: Marc Borgers (marc.borgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-19 04:39:29

Actually, the log4J and log4N are examples of what logging libs could be...

Marc

Alisdair Meredith <alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden]>@lists.boost.org on
19/03/2003 10:17:31

Please respond to Boost mailing list <boost_at_[hidden]>

Sent by: boost-bounces_at_[hidden]

To: boost_at_[hidden]
cc:

Subject: [boost] Re: tracing / logging library

Dave Gomboc wrote:

> Just curious if anyone's doing something along these lines. A quick
> google search on boost turned up only Boost.Test, which (I think?) is
> something quite different.

<g> I was just thinking the same thing last week, and trawling through
old lists found a real mess of views on what such a library should look
like. It convinced me that our current library could be significantly
enhanced, but I'm employed to deliver solutions, not logging libraries!!

If you want to spearhead round-3 (at last count) it might be worth
setting up an project through the Wiki?

My main concern is trying to implement the logger-for-all-seasons.
Looking back there were requirements for many disparate features. I
think progress is more likely to be made delivering a core, smaller
logging system that is readily extensible (similar to the FileSystem
library approach)

--
AlisdairM