From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-19 13:12:25

Beman Dawes wrote:

> There just isn't any time left. See "OK to tag for release?" message just
> posted.

> Sorry,

The line has to be drawn somewhere, and it is human nature to wish we
were the other side <g>

I will be able to test properly with the new BCB patch myself next
week. My worry is that the MPL is worming itself into more libraries as
an implementation detail now. If it turns out there are any knock-on
dependencies (such as we discovered with lexical_cast this week) would
it be possible to distribute a separate borland 'patch' through
SourceForge, that updated just the affected files? [I suspect I can
produce such a thing if necessary, it need merely overwrite 20-30 files
which can be provided in a .zip]

Alternatively, is there a convenient place to publish advisories for
special-interest communities (such as letting borland users know they
may need to update files that check against older compiler version.) I
suspect the latter will be simpler, and may well apply to a broader
range of compilers through the duration of a release cycle.

Perhaps something else for the Wiki?

--
AlisdairM