From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-20 12:37:29
Boost version 1.30.0 has been released. The highlights include:
* Filesystem Library added - Portable paths, iteration over directories,
and other useful filesystem operations, from Beman Dawes.
* Optional Library added - A discriminated-union wrapper for optional
values, from Fernando Cacciola.
* Interval Library added - Extends the usual arithmetic functions to
mathematical intervals, from Guillaume Melquiond, Hervé Brönnimann and
* MPL added - Template metaprogramming framework of compile-time
algorithms, sequences and metafunction classes, from Aleksey Gurtovoy.
* Spirit Library added - An LL (unlimited lookahead) parser framework that
represents parsers directly as EBNF grammars in inlined C++ source code,
complete with semantic actions, ASTs and much more, from Joel de Guzman and
* Smart Pointers Library - many enhancements, intrusive_ptr and smart
pointer programming techniques docs added.
* boost/assert.hpp, boost/current_function.hpp, boost/throw_exception.hpp,
boost/checked_delete.hpp have been documented.
* Date-Time Library - several fixes and small additions including an
interface change to partial_date.
* Function Library - added support for assignment to zero (to clear) and
comparison against zero (to check if empty).
* Operators Library - now takes advantage of named return value
optimization (NRVO) when available, from Daniel Frey.
* Regression Tests - Much expanded, plus a very nice summary page from Rene
* Test Library - added new facilities.
* Many fixes and enhancements to other libraries.
See www.boost.org for more information.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk