From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-21 15:32:26

At 01:58 PM 3/21/2003, William E. Kempf wrote:

>Until we have a more formal installation solution, I think the SRPM's
spec
>file should reside in CVS. It would also be nice to have other
>installation options as well, such as Debian packages (sorrry, not
totally
>familiar with the terminology to use), BSD ports, Gentoo ports, Windows
>installers, etc. We just need champions willing to submit and maintain
>each of these.
>
>Before anything's actually added, however, maybe we should discuss things
>a bit either here or on the Boost Install list.

Yes, I'd like to see that discussion restarted. The Boost Install list
would be the place to hold it.

As a result of just going through the release process, I've been thinking
about install issues some more.

For those who would like to participate, the place to subscribe to that
list is http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-install.

--Beman