From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-22 15:08:27

In article <uvfybqn2a.fsf_at_[hidden]>, David Abrahams
<dave_at_[hidden]> writes
>Kevlin Henney <kevlin_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>>Yes. Since type_info objects can't be copied, one might instead store
>>>pointers or references to them.
>>
>> Pointers would be better because, for better or for worse (mostly for
>> worse), standard exceptions support assignment as part of their
>> interface.
>
>Why should boost exception classes behave like std:: exception
>classes in this regard?

And why should they not? It is an open question.

It depends on how close in style people want the Boost experience to the
standard library to be. I personally dislike the standard's design of
exception classes, but I am willing to accommodate its style for an open
library if that is what is expected.

Kevlin

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  http://www.curbralan.com fax: +44 870 052 2289
  Curbralan: Consultancy + Training + Development + Review