From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-23 13:23:51

"Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> > random and intels compiler v7 does not work together. Does anyone know
> what
>> > it would take
>> > to make it work?
>>
>> An active maintainer for the Boost.Random library ;-)
>
> I was more thinking about what compiler features that are
> prohibiting the intel compiler from working with the library.

I know. The library is failing with a number of compilers at the
moment.

> Since I'm not really an expert in random number theory, I cannot be
> a maintainer.

Wasn't suggesting it. However, the kind of maintenance it needs is
really organizational more than theoretical. As a side note, at the
Santa Cruz committee meeting Jens and I worked out a new design for
the library based on some feedback he'd gotten from heavy users, which
he was planning to bring forward as a proposal for the TR. I'm
guessing that he's been unable to pursue it, which would be a shame
because I thought it had real potential.

> Anyway, If somebody knows what's needed for a fix, but doesn't have
> time, I might give some of it a look (since I might need it for my
> ongoing project).

Good luck!

--
Dave Abrahams