From: Jaap Suter (J.Suter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-23 14:29:15

> A. int_c et al are now int_ et al.

>From previous post:

"The quality of the Effective MPL (especially after the new MPL changes) is
not very good anyway. I would like to make a major overhaul, testing all
code examples, changing the code layout (moving it to docbook perhaps), and
making it 1.30.0 MPL conformant), but I won't have any time for at least
another three weeks. If somebody wants to beat me to it (Dirk?) great, but
otherwise it'll have to wait."

> B. In item 5.3 you should probably suggest:
>
> template< class N >
> struct square
> : integral_c< typename N::value_type, N::value * N::value >
> {};
>
> and later,
>
> template <long N>
> struct square_c : square<long_<N> > {};
>
> Not only is it simpler, but it allows:
>
> square<int_<5> >::value
>
> and:
>
> greater<square<_1>, 32>

Agreed. Will make the change eventually.

Regards,

Jaap Suter