From: Anthony Williams (anthony.williamsNOSPAM_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-24 10:44:33

Thomas Becker <tmbecker1_at_[hidden]> writes:

> The combining iterator is another iterator adaptor. It
> holds a boost::tuple of iterators. Moving the
> combining iterator in any way causes all member
> iterators of the tuple to move in parallel. Upon
> dereferencing the combining iterator, the dereferenced
> values of the member iterators are supplied as
> arguments to a client-supplied n-ary functional, and
> the return value of the functional is returned. The
> combining iterator is thus a "higher-dimensional
> transforming iterator."

This sounds like a generalization of my pair iterator to tuples, combined
(sic) with a transform. See http://cplusplus.anthonyw.cjb.net/articles.html
for the code and the article ("Pairing off iterators" from Overload 51)
describing my pair iterators.

IMHO, it seems more logical to split the concept, so the grouping of the
iterators is separated from the transformation, and the existing transforming
iterator adapter can be used for that part. I would be happy to work with you
on a submission --- I have been meaning to submit my pair iterators to boost
since I wrote them.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams
Senior Software Engineer, Beran Instruments Ltd.