From: Andrew J. P. Maclean (a.maclean_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-26 19:55:33

Firstly, I don't work for VTK, I am just a user, and I don't want to
start a war over what is the best cross-platform generator but it seems
to me that this might be worth looking into.

CMake was developed by Kitware as a cross-platform build tool. Kitware
has similar but worse problem when compared with Boost in that it must
support multiple platforms/compilers and also provide wrappers for TCL,
Python and Java for the original C++ code. The nice thing about CMake is
that, depending on the system, makefiles (Unix) or workspaces/projects
(MSVC/Borland) will be built. The user can also specify options for the
build, for example whether to build the Python or TCL wrappers or not.

Info about it can be found at: http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Features.html

Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean

Centre for Autonomous Systems