From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-27 10:26:14

Johan Nilsson wrote:

> Perhaps, but one should consider that GetSystemTime promises 1ms resolution
> and delivers 10-15ms (and, IIRC, that GetSystemTimeAsFileTime promises
> 250ns resolution).

The Platform SDK states that the tickcount (GetTickCount) is updated
every 10ms on NT3.51 and hight so I guess that GetSystemTime is updated
at this interval also.

FileTimes are measured in 100 nanosecond intervals since 1 January,
1601, but are you sure that GetSystemTimeAsFileTime will return a value
that is updated at 250ns intervals? I can't find anything in the SDK to
say what the update interval is for the SystemTime, I'm just guessing
that it is updated when the tick count is.

Cheers

Russell