From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-03 15:54:44

I believe this conjecture is correct, but I am still eagerly awaiting 7.1 :-)

This is quite interesting (though it needs Industrial Strengthening of course),
and could usefully generate the higher moments and other statistical thingys
too.

And it makes me wonder if one could use a container like a circular buffer. I
can think of applications where one would like new data to pour in continuously
and to look back for mean (weighted Kalmanesque?), perhaps only a limited
distance. Using a vector or valarray would imply it would grow for ever and run
out of space eventually. (I think someone else suggested something of this
sort?)
Is the STL queue suitable?

Paul

Paul A Bristow, Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8AB UK
+44 1539 561830 Mobile +44 7714 33 02 04
Mobile mailto:pabristow_at_[hidden]
mailto:pbristow_at_[hidden]