From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-10 05:12:46

> To run the regression tests on HPUX11i, I first need to compile
> the regression-test-tools (using the fabulous script run_tests.sh).
> But I can't get the filesystem library compiled, even using gcc.
>
> The problem is that indirectly the pthread.h is included although this
> file should be compiled in single-thread mode (and thus normally no
> extra defines are necessary). So I'm not sure who's at fault :
> should the pthread.h not be included or should the necessary defines
> be provided such that the pthread library can be #include's without a
> problem (although no threads are used) ?

I think we need to stop defining BOOST_HAD_THREADS unconditionally for gcc -
or at least not on those platforms where we can detect threading support - I
know how to do this on cygwin/mingw32/linux, but what about HP? Is there a
specific define set when -pthreads is used on the command line.

BTW what happens if you compile with <threading>multi ?

John.