From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-12 20:15:41

"Neal D. Becker" <nbecker_at_[hidden]> writes:

> The most promising IMHO is cycle_iterator, which is an adaptor submitted by
> Gennadiy Rozental. I believe this is almost ready for a real boost
> submission. Last we left it, there were some questions of the semantics of
> the "distance" between iterators. In any case, the "distance" between
> iterators in a cyclic buffer is fuzzy.

A cyclic buffer can never be full, because full is the same as empty
(begin == end). Therefore, it can always be re-mapped into an
equivalent vector by moving all the initial non-empty elements to the
back, and distance is perfectly well-defined.

Where's the fuzziness?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting