From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-16 03:54:53

I think this is too extreme - it IS useful, if nothing else as a starting point
for ones own versions, but the behaviour may surprise, so I fell this needs some
explanation, even at minimum as comments in code.

> > If one wanted to show singletons explicitly, I presume I could test and only
> > output one central value?
>
> Why not. But as I explained, the answer will not be mathematically
> satisfying since the result will be biased. So it's really up to the user
> to define its own display methods depending on the expected results.

If one is using intervals to hold measurement and computational uncertainty, I
don't feel this matters - though for purer mathemetical applications you are
certainly corrent.

Thanks for all your patient explanations, and for some good solid code.

Pual

Paul A Bristow, Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8AB UK
+44 1539 561830 Mobile +44 7714 33 02 04
Mobile mailto:pabristow_at_[hidden]
mailto:pbristow_at_[hidden]