From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-16 15:37:42

This is really encouraging, and shows the value of comparing theory with
practice.

Aside: "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
But in practice, there's no similarity." Jan L A van de Snepscheut

> > I also feel strongly that users need to be able to handle 'uncertainty
> > of quantity' by combining Quantity/SIUnits with the interval library
> > (and something built on top of the interval library to include more
> > information about 'uncertainty of uncertainty' clues like degrees of
> > freedom). So I wonder if either or both fit together?
>
> as an example, for the variables representing degrees of freedom of
> the rigid body (AGV in our case), we have additional accuracy and
> reliability variables. When those could make use of SI-based interval
> valued variables, that would be indeed nice.

> I'd like to stress that to
> be usefull for a broader audience, one should be able to use it in parts ...

> for what it's worth,
> renej

Really worthwhile feedback - shows that Units would be a useful Boost Brick.

Paul

Paul A Bristow, Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8AB UK
+44 1539 561830 Mobile +44 7714 33 02 04
Mobile mailto:pabristow_at_[hidden]
mailto:pbristow_at_[hidden]