From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-19 15:44:19

I have question regarding I/O State Saver library.

I want to use istream::seekg and istream::tellg to permit
returning to a previously read location in the stream.

I am having surprising behavior and I wondered if there
is something I missed such as the state of the
"pushed back/peeked character in the stream or
some other thing. Hoping I could unload the
hassle of discovering this and perhaps get
a more complete state saving/restoration
I looked into the I/O state saver library.

I find no mention of saving/restore the stream
position and or pushed/peeked character.

Am I missing something here? Or is this
just not included in the library?

Robert Ramey