From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-21 08:58:27

I'm still having problems with using the new iterator adaptors, when trying to create
input iterator with the help of 'iterator_facade'. The complete code
is attached. The problems are with 'deference' method.

1. iterator_facade insists on having const 'deference', while it seems that input iterators frequently
alter internal state during dereferencing. What is the rationale for the current behaviour.

2. Unless I explicitly specify reference type, iterator_facade will try to use ValueType& as reference type,
which is wrong in my case, and, I'd think, for all input iterators. Again, what is the rationale?

TIA,
Volodya