From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-22 05:55:56

> - but absolutely cannot accept that the number of C++ users will be
small. It
> certainly should not be - even non-rocket science statistics requires
these
> functions. Even Excel provides them - as well as plenty of proper math
and
> stats packages!

I agree, it is a source of irritation to me that my 20 year old calculator
(I kid you not, it even has one of those old LED screens), has more math
functions than <cmath>, and that was a pretty basic one even at the time.

IMO the statistics based functions that Paul has proposed would have more
use that the special functions that this scientist at least has mostly never
heard of.

Just my 2c.

John.