From: Justin M. Lewis (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-25 03:33:31

The implementation may be similar, or even identical, I'm not sure.
But, the use is entirely different. To prevent implicit casting, you'd
need 2 different classes, like there are in the file. And, like I said,
at one point these classes had checks built in. They could be put back
in, if that's how people prefer them. But, to be used properly, they
need to be made in a way that they can't be cast to other similar
objects.