From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-25 10:27:35

Anthony Williams <anthony.williamsNOSPAM_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I've been convincing my fellow workmates to use boost, and have encountered a
> problem with 1.30.0 and the regex lib.
>
> We're using VC7 on Win2000.
>
> The regex headers expect the lib files to have a specific name ---
> e.g. boost_regex_vc7_mssd.lib --- for automatic linking using
> #pragmas. However, the libraries built with bjam don't follow the correct
> naming convention, they are called things like libboost_regex.lib and
> boost_regex_debug.lib in directories identified with the build options. Using
> the supplied vc7.mak makefile builds libraries with the correct
> names.

What do you consider "the correct naming convention"?

> Apologies if this has been raised before and is already fixed in CVS, but
> would it be possible to change the jamfile to build libraries with the correct
> names?

It's easy enough to do; why don't you develop, test, and submit a patch?

E.G., the Python library uses the stage rule for this:

  stage bin-stage : <dll>boost_python <lib>boost_python
    : <tag><debug>"_debug"
      <tag><debug-python>"_pydebug"
    :
        debug release