From: Erdei Andras (ccg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-26 07:13:12

On Friday, Apr 25, 2003, at 13:18 America/Denver, Justin M.
Lewis wrote:

> As I said, I'm fine with f(&x, &y, z).

i'm not convinced in_out is the way to go, but using
pointers is very far from conveying the same information:

pointers can be 0, while references and in_outs can't,
and the reason behind using a pointer is often exactly
this (an "optional" parameter)

pointers can point to arrays, while references and in_outs
can't, and imho this is the most frequent reason behind using
a pointer

pointers can point to const data, while in_outs can't, and
that would be the reason behind using in_outs...

br,
andras