From: Vaclav Vesely (vaclav.vesely_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-01 15:58:41

Beman Dawes wrote:
> At 12:33 PM 4/30/2003, Vaclav Vesely wrote:
>
> >Nevertheless in the patch was coverd one more general fix. The
> >compiler_status can't deal with absolute paths in test logs files
> >(test_log.xml). The attached path fixes it.
>
> Can test_log.xml test-program= contain an absolute path?
>
> That's a bit worrying - my memory is that the test_log.xml paths are
always
> supposed to be relative to the boost root.
>
> The status table links for both docs and test programs are wrong anyhow,
in
> that they assume the status table .html lives in boost-root/status. That
is
> no longer correct if a separate regression directory is used (and that is
> the recommended approach).
>
> What should they point to? For current tests, current CVS would make
sense.
> For tests associated with a particular release, links should point to the
> file as it was at the time of release. If someone is running the tests
> locally, the links should use the user's hard disk boost-root.
>
> I don't see any way to do that. Maybe just give up on links on the status
> pages?

The reason for this fix was that I tried to do Spirit's regression tests
with the "libs\spirit\test\run_regression_tests.py" script.

But moreover I think, that regression tool have more general usage for an
arbitrary project. Yes, just now they are binded with the Boost. Even the
usage in Spirit is a little clumsy. But I think, that these tools could be
generalized with resonable effort. Actually I want to try it as soon as I
was back from holiday.

Regards,