From: Terje Slettebø (tslettebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-02 15:16:12

>From: "Paul A. Bristow" <boost_at_[hidden]>

> | Also, I plan to define some mathematical/physical/etc. constants, but
this
> | may well be delegated to a dedicated constants library, such as what has
> | been discussed at the list.
>
> You may remember that math constants have previously been the subject of
considerable discussion and a second formal review is being scheduled in
June whne I get back from holiday.

Ah, yes, you're the one doing them. Cool. :)

I've seen the discussion, but I haven't followed it that much.

However, especially with the SI units libraries, this is even more important
to get. There could be a nice synergy, here. :)

Maybe it could be extended to some physical constants, as well (unless
that's already included).

> I've made plenty of 40 decimal digit values available, but their
presentation seems a highly contentious issue :-((

Hopefully, one can come to a design that is acceptable to people. I'll read
up on the discussion, and check out the proposal, when I get a chance. Where
can one find the latest version and docs? The links to Yahoo Files given in
earlier postings seems not to exist, anymore.

> | I guess I'll wait for the MSVC release version, and try it again, there.
> | Hm, g++ 3.2 doesn't handle it, either...
> | Never mind what I said about "conservative code". Apparently, it's not.
:)
> | Apparently, I've got a portability job to do, once the functionality is
in
> | place. :)
>
> Hopefully the quicksand of C++ compilers is setting, but not quite yet :-(

Yes, it's definitely getting better, especially with MSVC 7.1.

Regards,

Terje