From: Justin M. Lewis (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-03 17:21:49

Sure, but if you're willing to type auto_ptr<whatever>(v) all over the
place, why not make the intent explicit and just do out(v)

You solution requires just as much typing, and support from developers, but
it lacks the explicitness my proposal gives.

So, why not just go all the way and make it 100% clear?