From: Victor A. Wagner, Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-03 23:05:14
.....And now, for something _completely_ different:
I have a program that's been compiling for a while. Last Monday (2003 Apr
28) morning, I did my usual "grab boost from cvs" and started building all
my current projects against the freshly retrieved stuff.
Unfortunately, I got some unusual error messages of the form:
C:\Projects\boost\boost\mpl\if.hpp(118) : error C2011: '__unnamed' : 'enum'
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\ShlObj.h(4476) : see declaration of '__unnamed'
As you will quickly find out, line 118 of boost/mpl/if.hpp apparently has
nothing to do with ANY enum.
Well, this has happened before...I figured I'd gotten an source update
while someone was in the middle of someone updating the repository, so I
went in to the office. I updated boost from there, same problem. Oh well,
I retrieved if.hpp back one revision and we were OK.
That night, I did another update at home, and found that if.hpp had been
updated again; unfortunately it still didn't fix the error, but rolling
back let me continue to work.
Today (Saturday, 2003 May 3) I finally had some time to go chase the
problem, so again I updated from the CVS repository, again if.hpp had been
altered, but, alas, still no "fix"
so I started playing around...
and around some more.....
I finally found that IF I put #include "afx.h" at the beginning of my includes
and #include "afxole.h" at the end of the includes
that my program would compile.
The sources are available if anyone thinks this problem is worth chasing.
I have NO idea what the problem is, the includes were added to my program
by someone else at the office so I could contact his program on a remote
machine. I think it's some COM stuff.
Victor A. Wagner Jr. http://rudbek.com
The five most dangerous words in the English language:
"There oughta be a law"