From: Justin M. Lewis (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-04 17:23:01

That's fine. But, if you're working on a project, in a team, and the team
decides that they recognize the ambiguity of whether or not a call is
changing a param as a problem, and they decide that they'd like to enforce
the use of out and in_out as a standard, why would you be bothered by that?
If you hate it so much, don't use it in your projects, that's fine. But,
your not liking it doesn't mean that no one else ever has to deal with the
problem I'm trying to fix. And, despite your distaste for the idea, the
people I work with like it, and there have been several people here who have
seen it's usefulness. I think it's a nice option to have, for people who'd
like to use it. For those of you who don't want to use it, I'm not trying
to force its use on you.