From: Guillaume Melquiond (gmelquio_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-06 07:40:54

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Martin Wille wrote:

> Guillaume Melquiond wrote:
>
> > The Boost.Test library is actually broken with Intel CC 7.x on Linux. And
> > so are all the libraries that rely on it for their regression suites. This
> > regression can be seen on the compiler status page:
> > http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-linux.html
> >
> > To sumarize the problem, the linker finds a lot of undefined reference to
> > "boost::throw_exception(std::exception const&)" in the binaries of the
> > Test library. The Test library does not even pass its own regression
> > tests.
> >
> > I don't have time to search which modification caused all these problems,
> > but it would probably be a good idea to revert it.
>
> The problem is related to recent changes to the intel compiler
> configuration. I suggested to revert config/compilers/intel.hpp
> to version 1.18 of that file. However, nobody cared, yet, and I
> didn't dare to do that myself.
>
> Regards,

Thank you for pointing it out. You are right, it is indeed this part of
config/compiler/intel.hpp

  #ifndef _CPPUNWIND
  # define BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS
  #endif

that is responsible of the breakage. Since the problem has already been
discussed ten days ago on this mailing-list, unless somebody comes with a
good reason, this patch will be reverted.

Regards,

Guillaume