From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-06 10:43:27

See the enclosed message from Benjamin Kosnik

attached mail follows:

>Benjamin, I'm glad to see this is underway. I wish I could say
>something more intelligent about this, but I just don't know much
>about RPMs and distribution yet. If you look at:
>
>http://search.gmane.org/search.php?query=rpm&group=gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel
>
>or
>
>http://www.mail-archive.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?method=and&format=short&config=boost_lists_boost_org&restrict=&exclude=&words=rpm
>
>or
>
>You can see that several people have posted about the creation of
>RPMs; I would ask them, or better yet, post to the main boost
>developers' list. I'm sure somebody there can help you out.

Thanks, this was very helpful. I've gotten this up and running, with
help from neal. Here is the message I tried to post: perhaps you could
post it for me.

best,
benjamin

----------------
Red Hat 9 RPMs for boost 1.30.0

I've put source and binary RPMS for x86 up on this site:

http://people.redhat.com/bkoz/

This URL can be considered stable. It is expected that these RPMS will
be distributed with future Red Hat Linux os distributions.

I've tried a couple of times to get CVS sources, which include the spec
files for doing this. However, each time I try, I get timeouts.
Therefore, I just used the Malte Starostik/Neal Becker spec files, which
seemed to be fine, and worked well for me. Thanks all!

best,
benjamin

--
Dave Abrahams