From: Gregory Colvin (gregory.colvin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-08 10:32:42

My experience tuning our java VM is similar, and it runs on a lot of
different CPUs. Still, there is reason to be suspicious of very small
changes, which might be repeatable for our benchmark set, yet have no
real meaning for normal use. And there is reason to be careful not to
waste time pursuing 3% tweaks instead of going for 100% breakthroughs.