From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-10 08:01:46

Preparing for the BSI panel meeting on Monday we again came across the
topic of overloading the standard algorithms to take range arguments
(iterator pairs.) The motivating example came from filter_iterator in
the new iterator_adaptors proposal, which seems more range-like than
iterator-like. I thought to take a look into the sandbox for precedent
before pushing something new though <g>

The container_algo.hpp file in sequence_algo seems to provide what I am
looking for already, but is phrased in terms of Containers, rather than
Ranges. I would like to see this extended to any object that has
members begin/end that return iterators (and a suitable set of
supporting typedefs)

I have quite a lot of code that would refractor well around functions
returning range objects.

Is anyone else actively working on this at the moment?

--
AlisdairM
Team Thai Kingdom