From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-13 06:38:48

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> I know we are guilty of not contributing it to the community, but so
> many things to do, so little time. If you are determined to push it to
> through up to the formal proposal stage, though, we would be willing to
> help in specific ways (e.g. providing the reference implementation).

I see the range concept as being of tremendous value once we start using
iterator adapters more frequently. eg. filter_adapter is more clearly
expressed as a range filter than a single iterator. If Dave / Jeremy /
Thomas / Thorsten are happy I would like to propose the range concepts
and overloads for the next ISO meeting (overenthusiastic new boy
syndrome!) but given the TR deadlines don't see how much progress I can
make without tacking it onto the back of an existing proposal (such as
iterator adaptors)

Of course as a boost library there is no such deadline, and it is more a
matter of community interest.

I am quite keen to do the work on both counts <g> but don't want to jump
over people already doing this work. If those committee members reading
the group want to comment, I am quite happy to work on a paper for Kona
if thought worthwhile.

--
AlisdairM
Team Thai Kingdom