From: Ed Brey (brey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-13 13:59:57

Csaba Szepesvari wrote:
> - default semantics supports polymorphic copy; decision is made at
> compile time except on MSVC versions not supporting partial template
> specialization (PTS) [btw, the .NET 2003 compiler does support PTS,
> right?]

I haven't verified it personally, but at the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 launch event, they said that the C++ compiler does now support partial specialization. In general, they mentioned standard conformity as a high priority, in line with what Jason Shirk has posted to this newsgroup over the last couple years. What I didn't expect was to hear the speaker mention Boost and Loki specifically as reasons why the conformance improvements were important. Kudos to the library developers who have packed enough value into Boost to raise it to its current level of notoriety.