From: Richard Hadsell (hadsell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-14 09:11:39

Guillaume Melquiond wrote:

>Yes, this time the conditional is correct. Unfortunately, this patch is
>still not good: __ICL is not defined so it doesn't work. My version of the
>compiler (the standard version available on Intel's website) does not
>define __ICL, but only __ICC and __INTEL_COMPILER. So the patch is still
>not enough.
>
>As a matter of fact, what is the meaning of ICL? For ICC, it's easy: it's
>the acronym of Intel C Compiler. But for ICL, I don't know. By doing a
>grep on the Boost source tree, I also saw a lot of place where only __ICL
>is tested and not __ICC. If they are supposed to have the same meaning,
>maybe all the occurences of __ICC and __ICL should be replaced by a common
>macro: BOOST_INTEL_CXX_VERSION (or maybe a shorter version like
>BOOST_INTEL).

As long as you're trying to get the Intel compiler predefined macros
straight, please note that it defines __ICC only for the IA-32 version.
 For the Itanium version, the compiler defines __ECC. That is why they
deprecate both and recommend using __INTEL_COMPILER instead. I
understand that you may need to support all three for the purposes of
older versions of the compiler. I don't know when they introduced
__INTEL_COMPILER.

--
Dick Hadsell			914-259-6320  Fax: 914-259-6499
Reply-to:			hadsell_at_[hidden]