From: Christopher Currie (christopher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-14 11:39:05

Schalk_Cronje_at_[hidden] wrote:
>>Does defining
>>BOOST_REGEX_NO_EXTERNAL_TEMPLATES fix the issue? If it does let me know,
>

> Indeed, it works for the release build.
> Have not got to the point of building the regression tests yet, but at least the release library builds which is good enough for now.
>
> The debug build still fails for wide_posix_api.cpp with a similar kind of error. I have not had time to look into this.

I looked at it a bit as well, and got the same result with the 5.3
compiler. FWIW, this bug has been fixed in the latest version of the
compiler (CC 5.4, Forte 7), which complies and passes all the unit
tests, without defining BOOST_REGEX_NO_EXTERNAL_TEMPLATES.

Perhaps a later patch to Sun CC 5.3 fixes this issues?

Christopher