From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-17 03:24:45

Chuck Messenger wrote:
> I've been digestifying the BGL. In the interest of improving the
> library, I've spent alot of effort recording errors/problems in the
> documentation. I've tried sending a message with some of these to the
> Boost Users email list, but no response. In any case, I hate to keep
> spamming a general list with such specific information about
> documentation for one library.

I think that's probably would be best. Not everybody read users list
regularly.

> Can anyone suggest where I should send info like this? I thought maybe
> the Boost Wiki, but there doesn't seem to be much activity there.

The fact that you can't recieve email notification when someone modifies a
page of interest greatly reduces Wiki utility, IMO.

> Also,
> the SourceForge bug tracker doesn't seem active.

And it's not that good, BTW.

> Well, in any case, I created this Boost Wiki page with my notes:
> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?BGL_Notes

Some of your suggestion require pretty major changes in interfaces. I'm not
sure Jeremy will be happy with making a version which cannot be used with BGL
book. In either case, it must be discussed with him (and probably you need to
reach him personally, in case hi does not pay attention to the list).

As a user, I agree to some of your suggest.

As for patches like typename on gcc, just post them to list. If they are
obvious, someone (like myself), can apply them immediately.

- Volodya