From: Guillaume Melquiond (gmelquio_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-18 13:48:11

On Sun, 18 May 2003, Joerg Walter wrote:

> Hi Guillaume (hi, all),

> > I launched the regression suite with this compiler and the results are not
> > different from gcc 3.2. Except for uBlas: the whole library seems broken
> > with this new version (and according to the message, it wasn't really good
> > with gcc 3.2 either). Each test program compilation fails with this error
> > message:
> >
> > error: due to a defect in the G++ 3.2 ABI, G++ has assigned the same
> > mangled name to two different types
>
> It looks like the library was OK and the compiler was broken?

Yeah, it's exactly what I meant: the new version of the compiler breaks
the library.

> Paul Leopardi investigated already(thanks!) and posted on ublas-dev:

> gcc 3.3 includes a fix to PR 9729, which has to do with name mangling

This PR doesn't appear in the release notes of gcc 3.3. It would have
saved a bit of time if such an incompatibility was indicated.

[snip]

> I believe I understand the decision for the ABI default, but I'm pretty
> unsure how to deal with it.

I added -fabi-version=0 to my gcc-tools Jamfile and it does indeed fix the
failure for uBlas. But I'm not sure it's the best solution.

Thanks,

Guillaume