From: Anthony Williams (anthony.williamsNOSPAM_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-21 05:57:16

Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> writes:
> Anthony Williams wrote:
> > Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> writes:
> > > I'm pleased to announce that Milestone 3 --- the first public release of
> > > Boost.Build V2 is available.
> >
> > Please can you post jamgram.c and jamgram.h, or a prebuilt binary for
> > win32, as yyacc expects bash to be installed (which it isn't on my system),
> > and build.bat requires these files.
>
> Hmm... those files are included in tarball. Moreover, I've just unpacked the
> tarball to a fresh location and successfully built jam using borland's
> compiler (and built.bat script).
>
> Could you give more details --- what did you tried and what precisely fails?

I'm building with MSVC6sp5. The problem I experienced was:

Unpack to a fresh location.
cd jam_src.
run build.bat

This failed and I didn't see why.

run build.bat (and watch the window):

jamgram.c
fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'jamgram.c': No such file or directo
ry

Trying again:

unpack to a fresh location
cd jam_src
run build.bat (and watch it this time):

bison.simple not found

So, it appears that I've got a dodgy installation of bison, and consequently
build.bat deletes jamgram.c and jamgram.h. Now we're worse off than at the
start.

What really stumps me is that if I run the *same* bison command from the
command prompt, then it runs fine and builds the output (y.tab.c and y.tab.h)
OK. *Then* running build.bat fails to run bison again, but the output files
are there, so it continues to completion.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams
Senior Software Engineer, Beran Instruments Ltd.