From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-22 11:42:13

At 07:31 AM 5/22/2003, John Maddock wrote:

>> - Detects some regex problems that previously only Metrowerks was
>> detecting.
>
>Working on it.

Looks like you're making some progress - today's regex tests for Comeau are
looking better:-)

>> * Shows what looks like a Boost config problem (see date-time
testclock,
>> for example) which is causing boost::int64_t not to be defined even
>though
>> long long support is present. Help needed on this one!
>
>boost.config looks to be OK (BOOST_HAS_LONG_LONG is defined OK), I'm
>assuming that this may be an issue with the way in which ULONGLONG_MAX is
>defined, but I don't know for certain...

Hum... Yes, that's it!

Here's what it looks like is happening: Como has its own <limits> header
which #includes <limits.h>. <limits> checks for ULONGLONG_MAX, and defines
it if not found.

The included version of <limits.h> is Microsoft VC++ 7.0's, which does not
define ULONGLONG_MAX.

So far so good.

But then <boost/cstdint.hpp> #includes <limits.h>, so ULONGLONG_MAX isn't
#defined unless some other header brings it in indirectly.

The fix is to change <boost/cstdint.hpp> to #include <boost/limits.hpp>.
That solves the date-time library problems. I'm running the full tests now
to make sure it doesn't kill any other tests.

Thanks,

--Beman