From: Randy Bowen (rbowen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-22 11:57:55

> I don't know how good a fix that really is, and for all I
> know it may break other compilers (including VC7.0).
> But it ought at least let you get on with what you're doing,
> until a new release (compiler or library) that fixes
> the problem for real.

Just FYI on the "strict typenames" issues with VC 7.1. We encountered
this issue in several of our internal libraries, and had to introduce
the 'typename' keyword consistently throughout to get VC 7.1 to compile
properly. In all of those cases, these changes were backward-compatible
with VC 7.0. (Sorry -- I can't offer any data on the effect for any
other compilers.)

Randy Bowen
Stamps.com