From: graydon hoare (graydon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-23 13:18:32

Alexander Terekhov <terekhov_at_[hidden]> writes:

> graydon hoare wrote:
> > that said, there's a lot of linuxthreads *behavior* which was cleaned
> > up in NPTL (eg. signals) so you may well find a kludge or two which no
> > longer need to be used, or which are masking / working around correct
> > behavior.
>
> Well, for your information...
>
> http://listman.redhat.com/archives/phil-list/2003-May/msg00036.html
> (Subject: Re: nptl 0.38)

this is a curious string of fragments of messages and links to similar
messages; unfortunately I cannot get a clear picture of the actual
*problem* you're pointing to. is there something wrong with the way
NPTL translates thread cancellation into C++ exceptions? or are you
just frustrated with C++ exceptions in general (aren't we all?)

-graydon