From: Alexander Terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-24 10:43:09

Chuck Messenger wrote:

> I've been experimenting with the thread lib. I found a bug related in
> some way to thread_specific_storage (tss). In particular, I #ifdef'd
> all the tss stuff out, using native pthread calls instead, and
> everything worked as expected.

Really? ... ;-)

http://opengroup.org/austin/mailarchives/austin-review-l/msg01511.html
(Subject: Defect in XSH pthread_setspecific)

http://opengroup.org/austin/mailarchives/austin-review-l/msg01513.html
(Subject: Defect in XSH pthread_key_delete)

[...]
> thread_specific_ptr<mythread, non_deleting> current_thread;

You got it! Now, the only problem is that it won't work under True64,
currently.

regards,
alexander.

P.S. You seem to have a need for a mechanism to derive from a thread
object class (in effect, adding "thread fields", create "active
objects", etc.)... things like new_thread<mythread>(f/*,args*/). Well,
that's Boost.Threads release number "3", I guess. ;-)